No matter your salary, you can always take steps to improve your life and health. You don’t have to be a health care professionalto learn how to live healthy. If you want to improve your life, creating a better situation for yourself, you can do so. There are plenty of resources available for you. Here are 51 healthy living cheat sheets that can help you improve your life:
One of the best things you can do to enhance your life is to get proper exercise. Physical activity can help you feel better, and help you reduce your chance of some diseases.
- Training Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet from Men’s Fitness is designed to help you get back to strength training and get in shape if you are just starting at (or going back to) the gym.
- Wii Fitness for Dummies: This cheat sheet is a great way to learn how to use Wii Fit to increase your fitness. Maximize the efficiency of your Wii Fit program.
- Exercise Cheat Sheet: Shape magazine offers an exercise cheat sheet full of quick, effective exercises you can do yourself to help you get into shape.
- A Time Crunched Mama’s Exercise Cheat Sheet: This are quick exercise you can do to maximize your efforts to get into shape — even if you are short on time.
- Exercise for weight loss: Calories burned in 1 hour: The Mayo Clinic offers this helpful cheat sheet that lists how many calories different exercises burn.
- 20 Daily Activities You Can Do That Burn Calories: You can cheat on your exercise program by doing something a little more fun than just straight exercising. This list includes gardening, house cleaning, car repairs and kissing.
- Calories Burned: Don’t want to do one activity for an hour? This cheat sheet will help you figure out how to burn calories the fastest, with counts for what you burn in 10 minutes running, playing volleyball, gardening or dancing.
- 8 Ways to Exercise While You Commute: Tone up during your commute. Here are some exercises to do while you are on your way to work.
- Pregnancy Exercise – 5 Things You Must Know: Before you start exercising while pregnant, use this cheat sheet to help you do so without putting your baby at risk.
Eating right can help you feel better and fight disease. Live healthier with little tweaks to your diet.
- Chew the Right Thing: A Nutrition Cheat Sheet: A great sheet offering an at-a-glance look at the official dietary guidelines from the USDA.
- Eating Healthy One Step At A Time: Use this cheat sheet to help you make diet changes gradually so that they become long-term habits.
- Cheat sheet: do what the pros do: eat more in order to lose more: This cheat sheet takes a look at what you can do to fine tune your diet so that you can still eat and stay in shape.
- Diet Cheat Sheet: This basic sheet breaks it down so that you can see exactly how what you eat affects your weight.
- Carb-Counters Cheat Sheet for Fruits and Vegetables: No, you shouldn’t cut fruits and veggies out of your diet. But if you are interested, here is a cheat sheet of carbs amounts for fruits and vegetables.
- List of High-Protein Foods and Amount of Protein in Each: If you are interested in your protein intake, this cheat sheet can help you figure out what is in each type of food.
- List of High Carbohydrate Foods: Learn about carbs, how they can benefit you, and which foods have a higher amount of carbs.
- Ten Worst and Best Foods: A quick cheat sheet of some of the worst foods you can eat for your health — and some of the best foods that you can eat.
- The Nutrition Cheat Sheet: A quick reference to different vitamins and minerals, where they come from, and how they benefit your body.
- Dietary Fiber Cheat Sheet: Learn about different types of fiber, what they do to help you, and how you can get what you need.
Mind and Spirit
You need rest, relaxation, and refreshment. Here are some ways that you can rejuvenate yourself in order to live a better and feel healthier.
- Meditation for Dummies Cheat Sheet: A cheat sheet designed to help you prepare for meditation, and use meditation to your benefit.
- A Cheat Sheet for New Meditators: Use this cheat sheet to help you begin a meditation practice, or to remind you of sound meditation techniques.
- Sleeping Smart Cheat Sheet: This sheet is provided by the National Sleep Foundation and offers tips to help you refresh yourself through quality sleep.
- Cheat Sheet for Power Naps: Learn the art of the power nap with this helpful cheat sheet.
- Bite-sized wisdom: 25 super inspiring quotes to memorize: When your spirit is in need of a lift, these quotes can help you find inspiration.
- Win the Mind Games: This helpful cheat sheet provides tips for improving your brain power and staying sharp.
- 120 Ways to Boost Your Brain Power: Condition your mind with these helpful hints.
- Tai Chi for Beginners: Get the basics of this mind/body exercise that can help rejuvenate you and help you feel a better sense of well-being.
Good relationships are part of a happy, full life. Here are some ways to help your relationships work a little bit better.
- Divorce for Dummies Cheat Sheet: Get through that divorce, with help from this cheat sheet to help you know what needs to be decided.
- Relationship Cheat Sheet: Understand what it means to cheat on your significant other.
- Improving Your Relationship for Dummies: This cheat sheet helps you find ways to improve your relationships with others.
- The Happy Couple Cheat Sheet: Get 15 steps to help you improve your time together as a couple.
- 9 Marriage Rules You Should Break: You’ve heard about the “rules” of a good marriage. Here is a cheat sheet for nine that you should break.
- 10 Tips for Raising Children of Character: Improve your relationship with your children, and learn how to raise good kids.
- Things That Make Talking About Sex to Teens Tough and What to Do About Them: Have “the talk” in a constructive manner.
- Top 10 In-Laws Coping Tips: This cheat sheet can help you keep your relationship with your in-laws — and your spouse — on better ground.
- How to Network Like a Pro: Use professional relationships to help you advance through networking.
Many people feel better and healthier when they are engaged in greener practices.
- 15 Reasons to Eat Organic Food: A cheat sheet offering compelling reasons to eat organic food.
- Organic Food Buying Cheat Sheet: Lifehacker presents this helpful cheat sheet to for reading organic food labels.
- Plastic Recycling Cheat Sheet: Helpful hints to ensure that you are recycling properly.
- What to Recycle Quick List: A cheat sheet that can help you see what items you should be recycling.
- Going back to school? Here’s a green cheat sheet: When your kids go back to school, these tips can help make the experience a little greener.
- Cheat sheet of non-toxic tips and eco-wisdom: Quick look at keeping your home free of toxins with different products.
- Energy Efficiency Tips: Increase the energy efficiency of your home, with a variety of different improvement ideas, from no cost to expensive.
- 7 Cheap and Green Landscaping Tips: A handy cheat sheet to help you green the outside of your home.
- 7 Tips fro Growing a Health Organic Garden: Go green by growing your own food in an organic garden.
Are you managing a disease? Here are some ways to improve your life, even though you may be challenged in your health.
- Diabetes for Dummies Cheat Sheet: This sheet looks at ways to more effectively get your diabetes under control — and maybe improve your situation.
- Prediabetes for Dummies: Do your best to avoid dull-blown diabetes with this helpful cheat sheet.
- Multiple Sclerosis for Dummies: Learn to live a full life, even with MS.
- Living Gluten-Free For Dummies: This helpful cheat sheet can help you if you are living gluten-free for any reason (including Celiac disease).
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cheat Sheet: A look at risk factors and tips about beating this cancer.
- STD Cheat Sheet: Learn about STDs, how they are spread, and treatments for them.