Harvard University expert Juan Enríquez says that in order to survive the next extinction event humans must leave Earth. But to live on other planets, humans must modify their cells and organs, he says.
– Increased diameter of neurons giving rapid reaction times.
– Cells could repair themselves from deadly radiation.
– And lungs and tissues could gather more oxygen in the low-oxygen environments of other planets.
– Tissues capable of swiftly filtering out deadly toxins and chemicals.
– Removal of genetic diseases, such as Cystic Fibrosis and Huntington’s disease, from the human genome.
– Cells which resist infection from deadly viruses such as HIV.