With treatment completed, you no doubt want to put cancer behind you and resume a more normal life. Now is the time to take charge of your health, focus on wellness, and swear off unhealthy habits, such as fast foods and a sedentary lifestyle. Research shows that the best formula for staving off another bout of cancer is proper nutrition combined with weight control and exercise.
While there are many benefits to eating well, the data are mixed on whether diet alone can prevent certain cancers from returning. Nevertheless, there is strong evidence that a plant-based diet cuts the risk of cancer overall. Many epidemiologic studies have shown that people who eat diets rich in fruits and vegetables and sparse in meat and animal fat have lower rates of some cancers, including lung, breast, colon and stomach cancers.
Decrease arthritis inflammation by avoiding 10 key foods
Processed foods contain oils and sugars and refined carbohydrates that result in inflammation of the joints.
Avoiding the following foods will help decrease flare-ups and pain in the joints:
• Processed grains such as white bread
• Sugary sodas and sports drinks
• Junk food
• Foods with high fructose corn syrup ingredients
• Commercial boxed breakfast cereals
• Condiments like jams and jellies
• Juice Concentrates
• White rice and pasta made from anything other than whole grains
• Frozen sweets and dessert items
• Store-bought chips, cookies and crackers